To design a transportation system for 2050, we must first envision what 2050 will look like.
- How many people will call Ada and Canyon Counties “home”?
- Where will they live, work, and play?
- Will growth be concentrated in certain areas or spread out?
- What will happen to our farmland and open space?
- Will we continue to use large malls and parking lots, or will home deliveries make those obsolete?
- How will technology change our lifestyle?
- Where should growth be planned to support expanded public transit?
Taking into account these issues and much more, the Communities in Motion 2050 (CIM 2050) Vision depicts how and where the two counties are forecasted to grow. In doing so, it provides the foundation for Communities in Motion 2050.